Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Europe- Day 11/12

 Okay, let's just face reality...
A bit of food talk...
(at least I'm getting it out of the way in the beginning, right?!)

(pasta sauce imported from Italy...yes please!
btw...they also sold sauce made by "Kraft" :)

I went to the grocery store.
Low an behold, there were 3 located (or there abouts)
 in the bottom floor of a 5 story shopping mall!

That's exactly the way it was when we were in Japan.
Maybe Americans are the only ones who waste space by giving supermarkets their own lots.
Or MAYBE, it's because their markets aren't very "super" as far as size goes.
(I don't really know what I'm talking about...I'm just making up as I go along)
But their markets ARE super as far as I'm concerned.

Fortunately Unfortunately, you only get to see one measly picture...
Clint came with us during his lunch break, so we were in a bit of a hurry.
Also...My camera battery died after this photo.
Alas...I went grocery shopping in a foreign land unprepared!

Lucky YOU!
I'm going again today or tomorrow... 
Don't fret!

(Starbucks is the same here!  No Jelly Frappes like Japan ;)

Starbucks Lady:  "May I interest you in a Dessert?"
Clint:  "No thank you, but you may interest me in two!"

Silly hubbers...oops...
I meant to say...
PURE GENIUS, hubbers!
That means caramel for me!

For the past two days, Liam and I have been relaxing.
Isn't that what you're supposed to do on vacation 
while your valiant husband 
is off at work running around like a crazy person,
 trying to communicate with angry guards, noting all import details of a machine, 
reporting back to the USA, 
all-the-while trying to save a struggling AM branch in little, ol' Kalispell, MT, 
thereby retaining over 1,000 employees' jobs, 
so they can keep feeding their families
and have a roof over their heads...

Uhhem...where was I, again?
Oh, yes...
relaxing while my hubbers works like the Superhero that he is.
Side Note:
Industrial Engineers DO have super powers...just not capes...

Additional Side Note:
I should TOTALLY make him a cape!

Moving on...
Liam and I have been walking around aimlessly.
Clint, I did "get in" the map you left me once yesterday...
*insert my proud smile here*


Liam was a HUGE fan of the Gellato!


This is the face of, "More please, Mama!"

Here's some of what we've seen so far...

I don't know what any of these buildings are, but they sure look neat!

And in the mid-afternoon, 
we both go to our home-away-from-home 
(away-from-home, yes...WA, I still miss you dealy),
and take a snooze!

Liam looks like this while sleeping.
Not sure what I look like...
I've taken naps two days in a row with Baby Fin!
Forget cramming in sightseeing...
I'm living every mother's fantasy just by napping!
Can I get an, "Amen" ladies!?

The Frauenkirsche is DIRECTLY across the way from us.
As I was walking by yesterday, I overheard a tour guide...
SPEAKING ENGLISH!
So naturally I...
 slowed down, started walking in circles, and eavesdropped on her speech...
(Don't pretend you wouldn't have done the same ;)

She said after WWII, the rubble pile of this church was left untouched as a reminder that war is painful.  
They didn't start rebuilding until 1992.  
The workers had a special computer program that heled calculate EACH stone and determine where it fell from.  
Each stone was taken away and accounted for one by one!  
By taking careful consideration and time, they were able to use 3,800 original stones and put them in their original location.
AMAZING!
 (this is why some of the church is darker in color...it's the original pieces).  
The guide also said that part of the funding came from a portion of all lottery tickets sold in between 1992-2005!  
The Structure was completed in 2005.
That's 13 years WITH modern-day convenience...
I wonder what it was like before :)

The Church's ringing bells wake Baby Fin up every morning, 
so he gets to see Daddy before he leaves for work.
This is unusual for Liam.  
At home, Clint is always gone before Liam wakes.

Breakfast with Daddy.

We don't have child appropriate chairs in our apt.
Therefore, Liam eats all his meals standing by the coffee table and running 
crawling around like a crazy person while he's supposed to be eating!
Still working on encouraging walking more :)

Here is the outside of our hotel.
We are the three windows by/in-between the vertical sign.

As I was reading our Welcome Packet from the Hotel, 
I came across this sentence, 
"If you are in need of a babysitter, please contact the front desk and we will find reliable accommodations for your child."

Genius Parenting Tip #2 from the Finlaysons:
It's probably best not to leave your child with "reliable" babysitters provided by your hotel.
WHO WOULD DO THAT?!
Seriously people, THINK!

Today, Day #13, Liam and I are going to take a city tour via a steamboat on the River Elbe :)
Ciao-Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment